At the onset of a warm season, a homeowner should take measures for maintaining indoor facilities including carpets. Nothing can justify neglecting a carpet and there are many reasons to clean and repair carpets.
When is repair necessary
- In case of small holes from burns, and tear
- If flooding occurs and wets the carpet
- Pulling of carpet fibers from metal threshold
Here are reasons for cleaning and repairing carpets
- To get rid of stains and unappealing spots: Stains are weak areas that attract more soiling, making the situation more vulnerable. Stains and spots should therefore be eliminated as soon as possible to prevent further damages.
- To increase durability: A well-maintained carpet has a prolonged life. Cleaning through extraction method increases its lifespan.
- To improved indoor appearance: A room with a neat floor cover is more appealing than one without. This is one factor that tells the overall hygiene of a home. Clean household facilities make a home feel and look fresh.
- To maintain warranty: Warranties demand carpet cleaning through extraction technique and in a particular time lag, mostly one to one and a half years.
- To avoid contamination of disease-causing micro-organisms: Dirty floor-coverings are major sources of allergens and bacteria. Airborne pollutants can be trapped in the fibers hence the need for cleaning to protect a family from common allergens and diseases.
- To promote quality of indoor air: Once a wet carpet is cleaned and dried, it freshens up and the staleness goes away.
- To control pests: Bedbugs, lice, dust mites, and fleas may find comfort zones inside the carpets. These pests are health hazards in a home as they can transmit diseases and cause discomfort. To control them, the carpet is sprayed with appropriate insecticides and vacuumed thoroughly.
- To ease maintenance: regular vacuuming is a surefire method for keeping soiling at bay.
- To motivate workers: A working environment provides morale when the place is neat and fresh. Nobody wants to work or stay in a dirty environment including a carpeted area.
Reasons you need carpet stretching services
Carpet stretching is the process of making tightening and securing a carpet to its anchor strips around the room’s perimeter. Homeowners are advised to use professional services for the initial installation in order to get this important service. Stretching is necessary so as to protect the seams between strips. Overtime a carpet becomes loose as the fibers stretch hence spoiling its physical appeal. Timing is critical for carpet cleaning and stretching. Particular signs can tell you when to stretch and these telltales are best known by experts. They include wrinkles, lumps, and ripples on the surface. It its normal condition, a carpet lays flat and smoothly on the floor. Any indication that it is not smooth should call for stretching services. Parts of the carpet which are not tucked in at the edges of a room should be repaired. Stretching should be done as soon as possible to avoid any safety risks like tripping which may lead to further damage.
A carpet is a great home investment and it becomes frustrating to have a stained burnt or stinking carpet. Solving common problems as soon as they show is the surest way to avoid heavy replacement costs in future.