CD Projekt Purple has announced the codenames and brief descriptions for 5 new game titles, such as 3 Witcher games, a new Cyberpunk, and a brand name new IP.
Uncovered on Twitter, it marks a big next phase for the developer in a number of respects – from creating its own IP from scratch, to building numerous ‘full-size’ game titles at just one time. In a independent launch, the organization states it is also “including multiplayer to the the greater part of long term assignments.” This also marks the 1st time that we’ve realized the new Witcher trilogy will not be the only new online games set in that universe.
The 5 online games are:
- Orion – “A codename for our upcoming Cyberpunk sport, which will choose the Cyberpunk franchise even further and proceed harnessing the potential of this darkish long term universe.” Orion will be produced by a model new CD Projekt studio set up in the US.
- Polaris – “A codename for the subsequent installment in The Witcher series of online games, which we just lately announced was in pre-manufacturing. It is the beginning of a new saga: we goal to launch two extra Witcher video games following Polaris, making a new AAA RPG trilogy.” The entire trilogy is supposed to be released “in a 6-12 months time period”.
- Canis Majoris – “A complete-fledged Witcher recreation, different to the new Witcher saga starting off with Polaris. It will be produced by an exterior studio headed by knowledgeable developers who have labored on previous Witcher games.” It can be not at the moment distinct which developer is working on this venture.
- Sirius – “A codename for the recreation produced by [The Molasses Flood], established in The Witcher universe and created with aid from CDPR. It will differ from our previous productions, featuring multiplayer gameplay on leading of a solitary-participant experience like a campaign with quests and a story.”
- Hadar – “A codename for a third, totally distinct IP, established from scratch within just CDPR. The venture is in the earliest stages of the artistic procedure, which implies we are not establishing any game still, but operating solely on the basis for this new setting.”
Orion is a codename for our up coming Cyberpunk video game, which will consider the Cyberpunk franchise further more and continue on harnessing the likely of this dark upcoming universe. pic.twitter.com/JoVbCf6jYZ
— CD PROJEKT Purple (@CDPROJEKTRED) October 4, 2022
Canis Majoris is possibly the most intriguingly unique venture for CD Projekt between the checklist. Developed externally by a at the moment mysterious developer, the approach announcement points out, “This is the initial these types of merchandise becoming created outside the house of the Team. On the other hand, this does not suggest that its high quality will lag at the rear of our in-property productions. From the technological standpoint it will be based mostly on Unreal Engine 5, together with the toolset developed for Polaris. Hope added announcements soon.”
Canis Majoris marks what would seem to be a newly open CD Projekt, which is prepared to work with associates on equally games and other media soon after the results of Netflix’s Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. “Our purpose is to perform with experienced companions who can meet up with our top quality demands and deliver worthwhile encounters for our admirers,” stated CFO Michał Nowakowski. “We are doing this to produce new, fascinating approaches of interacting with our models, and also to allow our inside groups to focus on what drives us as a company: producing groundbreaking role-playing games.”
Details on the new IP, Hadar, are understandably scant but Nowakowski included, “We began toying with the notion a number of decades in the past. Early-phase conceptual perform commenced in 2021, and – for the initial time in our background – the IP is staying incubated solely inside CD Projekt Crimson. It is significant to fully grasp that correct now we are nonetheless performing on fundamental ideas and laying the groundwork for this new franchise.”
The information arrives right after CD Projekt announced it would commence establishing Witcher and Cyberpunk game titles simultaneously, although also purchasing The Molasses Flood to do the job on video games in its universes. Its new North American studio will include the Vancouver studio it now bought.
As section of the glut of announcements, we also figured out that co-CEO Adam Kiciński would be leaving his job to implement to be Chairman of the enterprise.